Features of the ESL Aloud App
for Android Smartphones and Apple iPhones
1. A PDF of the sentences you practice in each episode is included as part of the app. You are able to view the text of the sentences while you play the podcast audio in the background.
2. The app allows you to pause and resume the podcast, so that if you are interrupted by a phone call, for example, you can pause the podcast, take your call, and resume the podcast when you are finished with the call.
3. Starting with Podcast #81, every episode in the app version will contain exclusive bonus practice material that goes beyond the content of the podcast itself. This material will be available only through the app.
4. Every new episode shows up instantaneously in the app, so you are sure to have the latest podcast at your fingertips at all times.
5. The app allows you to place a star on the episodes you want to revisit for further practice. This makes it easier for you to systematically review material in order to embed the sentence patterns more firmly in your memory.
You can use your Android smartphone to download the app directly from the Android Market. From your computer you can download the app to your smartphone by going to market.android.com and entering esl aloud in the search box. The price of the app is $9.99.
In the iTunes App Store, first get the free download of the Podcast Box app. Purchase the ESL Aloud app from within the Podcast Box app. The price of the app is $9.99. Once purchased, the ESL Aloud app will move to a tab in the Podcast Box app called My Shows that will allow you to quickly locate the app the next time you launch the Podcast Box app from your iPhone.